Sunday, 6 June 2010

Kpop Clubbing

Yesterday, I went back to London today for Gillian's early birthday thing. I met up with Dan first, partly because I hadn't seen him for ages and partly because he didn't know what to get Gillian. We were walking literally up and down Oxford St and it was so hot. It reminded us when we were shopping for Gillian's birthday in 2008 in HK. It was so funny~! Neither of us could speak cantonese well enough to ask where they sold the 'tai gu' (drumming game) soundtrack. We just confused the shopkeepers we tried to explain to. Then we came up with the bright idea of just asking for the game itself, and I tried to copy down the names of the tracks. Note that these were written in japanese and I hadn't studied japanese yet, so they were just like random squiggles to me {oO} Failed right there. Then Dan asked the guy if we could just take a photo of the box, and luckily the shopkeeper let us (probably out of pity). Then, we went to a CD shop and showed them the photo. He came out with 3 CDs, and the soundtracks of the version that Gillian played was scattered across all 3! We weren't rich enough to buy all of them, and couldn't decided which one to get. So we didn't get them in the end. Its just really funny, because we literally spent a whole afternoon in the heat doing this, we were so tired and Dan looked like he was close to fainting {oO} Awww.. good times lol

Anyway, got a bit sidetracked there. Back to the present. He ended up getting piercings for her new rook piercing. The woman serving us were trying to explain how the piercings have different lengths, widths and either straight or curved, so we'd preferably have to know which Gillian has. She threw so many numbers at us. I say 'us', I mean Dan because I just stayed out of it. Dan got so confused that he ended up confusing the woman {oO} The conversation ended with Dan saying "Don't worry, I won't be coming back" lol

In the evening, we had a meal at a chinese restaurant which was nice because I hadn't seen people for a while and it makes me feel sociable again lol. There was a Kpop event that night, so so some of us went there afterwards. I'll express my love for Kpop events in another blog. It was a good night. Nothing too eventful but still good. And really really hot! That place needs to sort its air con out! [I'll put some pictures up on here when I have time]. Got a lift back with Jimmy, so didn't have to wait for a night bus. Thank you!


Rightie, lets talk about today. Came back to Birmingham. I had to really because I'm going to Nepal tomorrow! Eeekks. It still half hasn't sunk in yet! This trip is really going to test my independence, confidence and ability to adapt to a completely new culture and lifestyle. Bring it on~!

No comments:

Post a Comment