OK going to be quick and brief because don't want to spend all my money at an internet cafe. Just got to kathmandu. The flight was fine, but when I got to Nepal, the guy that was supposed to pick me up wasn't there so I was pounced on by a swarm of taxi drivers trying to talk in japanese and mandarin to me! I was shit scared because my phone had no receptino and one of the guys insisted i use his phone but i refused. Eventually like after 10 minutes i got reception and I called the guy and he said he was on his way. I wait a further 20 minutes in the heat. It's 32 degrees here. Tolerable actually, I was expecting it to be worse.
Kathmandu really reminds me of Marrakesh. Another volunteer here called laura is also going to Pokhara, she's also BBC and parents from HK {oO} And doing the same project as me, but because she got here a day before me, she'll go to Pokhara before me. Apparently there is no plan. You just go with the flow, so tomorrow we might be going sightseeing and language training.
Shes so sweet, she showed me around the area (I'm going to get so lost!) and I had to change some money. Basically when my mum went to change money for me in UK, the people said that they take US dollars here, so I should just take those because Nepal doesn't allow its currency out of the country. They lieee! And the ATMs aren't taking my card either~!
Anyway, I've literally just got to Kathmandu, bought some water and now sitting in an internet cafe. That is the story of my adventure so far lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment