Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Innocent Nepali Boys

So I have the view that the majority of Nepali boys are innocent, because of the culture and how Nepali girls are brought up here. Since being here, I get the impression that Korean films are quite popular, and a lot of Nepali people think that I'm Korean or Japanese. I haven't yet had a day where I walk down the street without a 'an nyoung ha seh yo' or a 'konichiwa', and I've had really good conversations with random strangers on the street who I think are genuinely friendly (obviously not all though). I've even had a family ask to take a picture with me, and guy at a restaurant took a picture of me and Laura~ I feel like a celebrity sometimes.

At the orphanage there are two local volunteers: Tsewang and Tashi. Tsewang is 23 and quite pale skined for a Tibetan. He's kind of like a teddy bear {^^} Really cute. He took me to see a waterfall and the Peace Pagoda on a hill on my first day in Pokhara. He carried my bag and held out his hand to help me down rocky parts and stuff. Yesterday I told him that I wanted to buy a ring from his sister's shop and he said he'd come with me to make sure I got it for a good price. He chose a ring with a turquoise stone for me because he said it'd suit my skin tone. I ended up getting that one and coincedentally turquoise is my birthstone! On the way back, he sat on a bench (literally 30 seconds from the orphanage) and said he wanted to rest so I sat by him and we just chatted some more. Then back at the orphanage, we were just sitting on the step, Pasang (little girl) was sitting on my lap. She and Tsewang were talking in Tibetan/Nepali, he asked her a question and she nodded. Then he said to me "she says you're really beautiful" and I was like "Awww Pasang you are too" and then 5 minutes later, same thing happened again, but after he said it, Pasang shook her head and pointed at Tsewang. I just kind of laughed it off lol

Tashi is 24 and he's Tsewang's cousin but they look completely different. Tashi has darker skin and thinner. They sleep in the room next to me and I see him topless and doing chin-ups outside my room way too often {==} His shorts are always so low! The other day he took me to Mehendrapul (shopping part) and I invited Esther. After a while, Esther says "I think you have an admirer" and I told her that I think he's just being friendly. The next day I thought about some of the stuff she said and I kept my distance from Tashi. That night, Esther says "I think Tashi likes you", I was like "huh?! But I kept my distance from him today and he spoke to you as much as he spoke to me!" She said its not about talking, but other stuff. Tashi said he'd take me to the International Mountain Museum and I invited Esther again. We climbed this little mountain thing and Esther was taking pictures (I told her to come up, but she didn't want to) and she was like "Awww this picture is so cute, the cloud in the background looks like a heart" {==}

Me and Esther share a room, so we sometimes talk about boy stuff before we sleep. I told her that I think that Nepali boys are really innocent, and when I first met her she disagreed, but now she at least agrees that Tashi and Tsewang are. She asked me if I'd ever get with a Nepali boy. To be honest, I would never intentially seduce or lead on a Nepali boy because its just unfair, but they're so sweet. I just want to take them home and put them on my shelf~!

No comments:

Post a Comment