I don't feel special anymore! There are so many volunteers. I've lost count but there's almost 10. There's another volunteer coming in half an hour that I have to share my room with! BooHoo! With so many people, I really don't feel needed, which is why I'm at the internet cafe again. I might hang out by the lake later though.
I nice to meet a couple, like yesterday Jen from Australia arrived and it was nice to have a fluent conversation with someone, but when there's so many, I might as well be at home! I really enjoy hanging out with Dashi, Chehwa and the health assistant (I really need to find out his name!)
So far there's Jen, Christine and Makaila that are about. There's not much to do when the children are at school, so I just sat at the dining table doing a sudoku. Later on, Dashi comes and joins me, and I hand it over to him because I was stuck basically. Chehwa comes over a couple of times and makes random guesses. Through some trial and error, we finished it! Hahah~
I don't know how it started but we were just talking, then Dashi was talking about how there are mosquitoes in Mustang and Chehwa laughed and shouted over saying how there isn't because its too cold. Then the health assistant joins in and agrees with Chehwa. It was really trivial but they were so serious! They spoke in either tibetan or nepali, but occasionally in english for my sake. The funniest part was something like this:
Health assistant: How come I don't get bitten in Mustang then?
Dashi: Because there are different types of mosquitoes. The male ones don't bite.
Chehwa: So all the male ones go to Mustang?!
It was so funny! {><} I couldn't stop laughing. Dashi got so worked up about it and in the end, the health assistant just said "Fine. You are the winner"
Tuesday, 15 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment