Sunday, 27 June 2010

My Nepali Brothers and Sisters

I love them so much! They've definitely made my trip to Nepal. For some reason, the boys are more attached to me than the girls though. It might be because I already have 2 brothers and I give off a boy aura (..?) After school, the boys would gather around me in a circle and we'd talk about loads of stuff like Mustang (the village they're from), Buddhism, the monkey king, super heroes, England etc. They educate me lol

Yesterday, they didn't have school so we went to the lake. Little Tashi (his not that little, he's 11, but I call him little Tashi because there's a big Tashi) came and held my hand and said "let's go to the park", then another boy came and held my other hand (I don't know his name {==} ), and little Tsewang (again, not that little, he's12) went under one of my arms and had his arm around my waist; and that's how we walked to the park. The other boys would walk nearby and some of them bought Nepali snacks and shared them with me but not the other volunteers lol

When we got to the lake, the other volunteers retreated to the shade of a tree because lake water is sometimes really dirty. It's more OK for Nepali people because they're brought up in this environment and are probably immune to it. In the end, I said that I'll go up to my knees in it, and stayed in the shallow part with some of the girls. Naturally, the boys completely soaked me in lake water (I was fully clothed by the way). The water was in my face and mouth and everything! It was fun though! I just acted as a float for some of the girls who wanted to practise swimming. I don't feel sick today, which hopefully means that I'm not diseased~!

Its really bad but I have favourite children~! My favourite boys are little Tashi and little Tsewang; and my favourite girls are Bipana and Binita (she woke me up at 6am today to say good morning through my window! {==} ) But I love them all though!!

I have to go and pick them up from school in a bit! Its far and its hot, but I absoultely love it now. Last week, I was late picking them up so they were already walking back, and Tikki saw me, shouted 'miss!' then ran like 200m down the road for a hug~!

No comments:

Post a Comment