I spent 5 days (4-8/8/10) in Scotland with Chin, who I met in Nepal. I sorted out travel and accommodation which I was really proud of. I got to London a little early to ask around estate agents but it was a big fat failure really. Then I met up with Charlie and explored the area she lives in now, then just caught up at a cafe. In the evening, I met up with Chin, Michaela and Christine (all of whom I met in Nepal) and we had a pub dinner.

I'd left my bag at Euston because I didn't want to carry it around, and I was scared that I wouldn't make it there before the place closed, so I made Chin run with his massive bag {u_u} Sowwee~lol
DAY 1
We took a painful overnight train to Edinburgh (7 hours) and went to the accommodation in Morningside. The woman thought we wanted a room with a double bed instead of two singles (even though I called her to confirm), so we couldn't check-in until later in the day. We walked to the centre of Edinburgh which was quite far (it took us about an hour lol. The more times we walked it, the more shortcuts we found though) and had a Scottish breakfast - haggis and black pudding. Yummy {oO}

We walked around Princes St and later on met up with Genevieve. We explored a nearby cemetery and then chilled in this really pretty park.

There was this thing going on where atable gets lifted by a crane 100ft into the air, with a chef who cooks for you whilst you dine up there. It was really pricey, so we decided not to do it. Later on one of the organisers comes over to our table and says that theres a celebrity chef coming and if we'd want a 2 course meal for £100. We decided no. Later on, he comes over and whispers that he'll reduce it to £30 for us. We thought about it, but again decided no. Then we comes over again, and says that we can go up for free!! {oO} I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing. Chin's face was so funny~ he just looked so surprised! We had to keep it subtle though, because some people had actually paid the £100. It was so cool! And the food was really yummy and we got champagne too.


We had booked to see the comedian Stephen K Amos perform for the Edinburgh Fringe festival in the evening, so we decided to go back and have a shower before coming back out. The woman called to say that the room was ready. However, after walking all that way (and we got lost at one point), no-one was in!! Chin walked around to the back of the house and then says "Dannie, come over here. I think I know why the whole place is empty". There was like a cemetery for a backyard {oO} Chin starts going on about how he believes in the supernatural and his experiences and how he has a phobia of death. Mammy gave me her buddha beads before I left to absorb dark energy so I wasn't too concerned and I offered to sleep next to the window if he was scared Hahah~ Anyway, we just hung about a bit before walking back to town because we just couldn't get in.
I hadn't heard of Stephen K Amos before, but he was quite funny. It was the opening night, so he was just polishing his act. At one point, he was like "that was a mistake. Oh well who cares. It's the first night" He's so cute!
Day 2
We woke up late because we were both really tired. Chin snores so loud!! I had to listen to my ipod to go to sleep. He must have been really tired too though, because the night before he told me to go to sleep first because he was going to right in his journal for a bit. No joke, 30 seconds later, he's snoring with the pen still in his hand. Awww~ I wanted to take a photo but I didn't think I knew him well enough to be taking pictures of him in his sleep yet lol.
We met up with Chin's friend Amanda, who he met in Nepal. She's from Scotland and so bubbly and down to earth. We ate lunch then went to Edinburgh castle which was cool.

Afterwards, we had drinks, dinner, then me and Chin went on a ghost tour. The leaflet said that this one specifically was for adults only. It was just this cloaked guy taking us around town telling us scary stories from history. Altogether a bit dull really. Not scary at all. More funny if anything. He took us down to some underground vaults and that when the alcohol started to proper get to me! I felt so ill and Chin asked me if I was OK and I said yeah and tried to hold on but I started swaying. After the guy finished his story, I told Chin I couldn't do it. And so the guide told everyone there was an emergency and took me to the loo. I told Chin to carry on with the tour but he insisted to stay. I threw in the toilet and felt all better {^^} The end. Hahah~
Day 3
Again we woke up late. We had lunch in a cafe then went up to Arther's seat which is a little hill. It was so cool~




We ate and drank and I taught him some chinese drinking games. Happy times. He stole everything off my bed and wouldn't let me sleep!! Alcohol makes me so sleepy and I was cold! We eventually slept at about 4am. Not the greatest idea, seeing as we had to wake up at 6am the next morning!
Day 4
We were both so sleepy. In the taxi we were falling asleep with our eyes open. We had a tour booked with Haggis Tours. It was good! (I'm really running out of synonyms for the word good for this trip) We headed north passing through Perthshire. For lunch we had a picnic at some ruins. It was pretty~ Then we went to Culloden Battlefield, the scene of the last major battle in Britain. It just looked a field to be honest {oO}

Our accommodation for the night was the haunted Carbisdale castle. They have hostel-like rooms, so we had separate rooms, meaning that I'll at least have one good nights sleep away from Chin's snoring lol.
We ate another self-cooked dinner. This time Chin was smart. We got a hot roast chicken and caesar salad, so it was easy and yummy. Then we went for a walk through the haunted forest.

We went back and got ready for bed then explored the place, which is like a maze which random statues and scary paintings. I don't really want to put the scary story up here, because I get scared lol. Then we tried to finish the alcohol we'd bought before. We chilled out in the lounge which was completely empty to organise our Holland trip. I fell asleep {==}
That night, the fire alarm went off!! It's like student accommodation again! Some stupid person thought it'd be funny to play with the fire extinguisher! {oO}
Day 5
We continued down the west coast of Scotland to Loch Ness, which was pretty. apparently the deepest part of Loch Ness is deeper than the North Sea! And if you emptied the water of Loch Ness over Wales and England, we'd be in 6 inches of water.
We also stopped at a few other places like Glencoe and Stirling, before getting back to Edinburgh for another overnight train, which wasn't as uncomfortable because Chin let me use his knee for a pillow {^^}

Day 6 (London)
I have no idea what I was thinking, but I booked my train for Birmingham for the evening! So sleepy. We spent the day being tourists in London e.g. seeing the changing of Guards at Buckingham Palace and Oxford St shopping. We ran in Nic and Yenchi in Selfridge. Haven't seen those guys in ageees!

I'm going to miss Chin! He's so cute! I tell him all the time that I want to take him home and put him on my shelf lol {^^}
No comments:
Post a Comment