I had to endure a 7 hour bus trip from Kathmandu to Pokhara! I had to be ready by 6.30am. Its actually hotter here! My host father was late, so kind of glad Saroj came too (He's a coordinator of the company, and came because he's taking some volunteers trekking). My host father seems so happy. He came on a motorbike and I was thinking he's not serious about me, my huge rucksack and little rucksack getting on that right? He was. But I took a taxi anyway (with company money).
OK so my rant begins! This is so weird. This is such a big challenge. I meet a new person and then they go off (e.g. on different placement) and then I'm alone again. So when I first stepped into the orphanage, all the kids were really sweet "Nameste miss", "Hello", "What's your name?" etc. One of the staff told me to rest and be down by 4.30pm for food. So I had a nap and came down at 4.30. I felt so in the way! I have no idea whats going on! I ask "can I help?", they say no lol. I'm just asking to wash the dishes or sweep the floor. So I asked then if I could go out, because although I just got here, I don't want to waste a day. Saroj said that I'd only have Saturdays off. He said OK, be back by 9.30pm. I got so lost, because the map doesn't have road names, you just have to recognize where you'er going by the bends of the road!! I managed it in Kathmandu because there were loads more roads, but here, I just kept walking up and down the same road! I went into a beauty salon and asked them where the lake was and they thought I was looking for my hotel {==} well i found the lake eventually, it was further than I expected be so pretty!! The sun was about to set. Pokhara is known as being the city by the lake. After a while I saw some foreigners and asked them to take a picture for me and started talking to them. One of them was at the same orphanage as me! I asked her what on earth am I supposed to be doing? She said you do nothing!! And that's why she quit!! Oh my gosh. I told her I was given a timetable and she said its fake, you don't follow it. Wtf?! So according to her, I'm just having a holiday but living in an orphanage {oO}
They were really nice and asked if I'd paid for everything already. I told them I had. They said if I hadn't, they could help me find somewhere else to volunteer. But too late now.
Anyway, on a side note. World Cup started yesterday. I sat in a restaurant for all of it and ate the equivalent of 3 pounds of food. So cheap! It was South Africa 1 - Mexico 1. I wanted SA to win though. When they scored, four of them lined up at the side line and did this little dance thing. It was cute!
I won't be able to watch the England vs USA one tonight. I have to be back at the orpahnage {==} This is lame. I'm going to make this an amazing holiday anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thats not good :( lies! dont let it ruin your holiday! :)
ReplyDeletebtw, i use the falsies, eyelash curler and blush from shu uemura. tried one of the foundations and didnt like it :(