Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Brain Food

I can't concentrate.. I get distracted so easily~! Second exam tomorrow and this one is going to be substantially more difficult than the first. I still have some topics I want to go over, so more cramming tonight..

Food and sleep, both very important during the revision period. Sleep consolidates the stuff than you've learnt during the day (although if you've learnt nothing, sleeping really isn't going to help). The right food keeps your concentration, memory and happiness going. I've been taking cod fish liver oil supplements. The container says "A Hi-EPA fish oil formula that may help maintain concentration levels and healthy brain development". Obviously the 'may' wasn't in italics, but I think it should be emphasized in my case. On the other hand, the supplements are actually helping my concentration levels and I'd be doing absolutely no work without them..

Day before an exam, I always try and eat fish, so I ate the same salmon bo jai fan. For breakfast tomorrow, I'll have tea and bananas, and I'm not sure what to have for lunch yet (I haven't been food shopping for a while so the choice isn't great)..

I remember one time before university when I was still living at home, it was either before an exam or an interview of sorts. I came downstairs with 10 minutes before I had to leave, and my mum had made me a feast of a breakfast~! She made plain congee and porridge for calming the nerves, bowl of blueberries and a banana for brain power, and toast for energy. Makes me laugh now thinking back. I think she'd read about brain food in a newspaper article or something lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment