Monday, 10 May 2010

#1 Behavioural Science Exam

It's been cloudy pretty much all week, but it was sunny today~!

My exam started at 10am and I was already sitting on the stairs outside the exam hall at 9.10am like a keeno loser. There were about 5 people there before me. I never know whether to do ultimate last minute cramming. You shouldn't really because if you don't know it by the time you're standing outside the exam hall, you won't know it when you're in there.. but I have an open folder on my lap anyway for comfort~

Behavioural science is the half module I do so it should be the easiest of my exams. It's definitely the nicest one! Topics include gender differences, language, aggression, altruism, mental illness and addiction. The 1st part of the exam is MCQs and the 2nd part is 1 of 3 essays. I really wanted a language question!

..and I got it: "Evaluate the evidence supporting a critical period in language acquisition". I don't really like guessing how well an exam went, so I'm just going to state facts. I wrote almost 4 sides in 45 minutes and then ran out of ideas.. but everyone around me seemed to be writing like there's no tomorrow and onto their 2nd booklet! I really thought about it, and really couldn't think of anything else so just wrote the conclusion and that was that. The MCQ part was OK.

The annoying thing was where I sat! Seat 146~! I don't wear a watch, because they make me feel unbalanced, so I rely on the clocks in the exam hall. This clock was located at my 3 o'clock position. I get paranoid enough as it is when I look up from my paper at the clock because the invigilators are like hawks! But the fact that my line of vision has to cross some guy's paper is almost inviting them to suspect me for cheating. So yeah, I tried not to look at the clock.. although I did notice that people on the desks in front of me brought their own watches {==}. Wasn't limited with time so phew~

Despite being quite a bright day, it was quite cold. I thought it'd be nice to get a little bit of air whilst I'm out anyway though and walked (half way) home. Here's a picture I took on Waterloo Bridge with my crappy phone (I cropped out the roadworks):

No comments:

Post a Comment