Friday, 21 May 2010

#3 Experimental Pharmacology of Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders - More Eventful Than Usual


One of the invigilators thought I was cheating~!! By the way, I was sitting right at the front, so the clock was right in front of me [reference to blog on 1st exam] {oO} Who in their right mind would try and cheat especially when they're sitting right at the front?!

It happened about half way through the exam. We had 3 answer booklets, a cover sheet, a question paper, graph paper for one of the questions, and a sheet of general exam rules. I was just writing my essay, oblivious to anything else happening around me, then suddenly this guy's hand reaches onto my desk, and moves my graph paper which was at the bottom of the pile of my messy pile of papers. Completely distracted me from my train of thought..!

The desk next to me was empty, and he goes and sits on the desk facing me! So basically he was just sitting there, watching me write my essay! How distracting?! I'm feeling under pressure enough as it is without you breathing down my neck!! So for about 2 whole minutes (which is a long time in an exam), I wrote like 2 words, because I couldn't think with him staring at me.

He must have thought that I wasn't writing because he was watching me so I couldn't cheat. What the..?! He then goes and takes all my papers except for the one I was writing on and looks through them~! At the time, I was actually a little confused and was about to tell him that I hadn't finished (but then I didn't, because that would have been a stupid thing to say!)

After he was satisfied that I wasn't cheating, he put everything back on my desk. And I said "Thank you"~! It was instinctive, but yes, thank you for completely distracting me for nothing!!


Anyway,when I was writing the last essay, I reached the end of the answer booklet, and got really confused.. because I'm sure I hadn't written 4 sides. I flipped back and oh my days I somehow managed to miss the whole of the 3rd side?! {oO} Am I blind..?! The thought of copying what I'd already written on the 4th side onto the 3rd side actually crossed my mind lol, but no I didn't do that. I didn't want them to reach the end of the 2nd side, see nothing on the 3rd side and think thats the end! So I wrote "(*I accidentally missed out a side PTO)" and then wrote "PTO" in the middle of the 3rd side. They're going to think I'm such an idiot~!


Right, onto the actual exam itself at last {==} This module is Experimental Pharmacology of Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders. Includes Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Anxiety and Depression, and Pain. We had a compulsory experimental question, followed by a choice of 2 out of 6 essay questions. The compulsory question was on PD and was OK. The essay choices were OK, could have been better, could have been worse. Much better than Systems~! They tell you to write a plan to structure your answer and if you run out of time, the examiner can see what you would have written about. In systems, I didn't write a plan for any of my essays, because I didn't have one! Thankfully, that wasn't the case in this exam. I answered the a question on PD and Depression (Oh my gosh, I can't actually think what the question was precisely now.. my brain's tired). Just one more to go now {><} Eeekks..

Went and got more vaccinations after the exam: Cholera (2nd dose) and Japanese Encephalitis (3rd dose) = £72.50~You can't eat or drink an hour before and an hour after taking the cholera vaccination because its a drink. I was so dehydrated! It was so hot today (highs of 22 degrees) and well not drinking and warm weather just don't go together.

Afterwards, I went to ChinaTown to get some goodies, including a sam siu (The duck's my favourite~! Yummee {^^} ):


Bit of a long blog today..

No comments:

Post a Comment